Dainty & Heaps hand sanitiser contains 70% alcohol and is an effective way of disinfecting your hands when hand washing is unavailable. Simply apply onto your hands, rub it in and it is absorbed into the skin killing 99.9% of bacteria leaving your skin clean and moisturised. This hand sanitiser is a liquid rather than a gel so is easier to apply in busy situations and it evaporates quickly.
Dainty & Heaps are a UK manufacturer who were known for their scented candles and perfumes, but when the COVID-19 Coronavirus hit the UK in March 2020 they switched to making hand sanitiser. Their hand sanitisers were widely distributed through the East Midlands to key workers to ensure there were no shortages for essential workers.
World Health Organisation Guidelines for use of Hand Sanitisers
To protect yourself and others against COVID-19, clean your hands frequently and thoroughly. Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water. If you use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, make sure you use and store it carefully.
- Keep alcohol-based hand sanitizers out of children’s reach. Teach them how to apply the sanitizer and monitor its use.
- Apply a coin-sized amount on your hands. There is no need to use a large amount of the product.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose immediately after using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, as it can cause irritation.
- Hand sanitizers recommended to protect against COVID-19 are alcohol-based and therefore can be flammable. Do not use before handling fire or cooking.
- Under no circumstance, drink or let children swallow an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. It can be poisonous.
- Remember that washing your hands with soap and water is also effective against COVID-19.